Protecting Your Privacy
PITS Inc is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. PITS Inc is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is information that PITS Inc is required to communicate to its customers. PITS Inc recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by PITS Inc may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your PITS Inc PIN, username or password. PITS Inc also holds details of your PITS Inc services (including their status).
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, PITS Inc may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which PITS Inc prides itself.
How we collect personal information
PITS Inc collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through PITS Inc’s websites (e.g. during www.pitsinc.in.com registration or trial services)
- from third parties such as PITS Inc’s related companies, credit reporting agencies, or your representatives
- from publicly available sources of information
- in response to a survey, contest, or sweepstakes
- from the organizations identified below under ‘When PITS Inc discloses your personal information
- from PITS Inc’s own records of how you use your PITS Inc services; or when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity
- assist you to subscribe to PITS Inc’s current services
- offer you and provide additional PITS Inc or related services
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing, and collecting debts
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud
- research and develop PITS Inc’s services
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for PITS Inc to provide you with a better service
- maintain and develop PITS Inc’s business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that PITS Inc can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages). PITS Inc does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish PITS Inc to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please call +918076806565.
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, PITS Inc will send such material to you unless you indicate you wish to opt-out by selecting this option in the email.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services, you require, PITS Inc may disclose your personal information to organizations outside of PITS Inc. Your personal information is disclosed to these organizations only in relation to PITS Inc providing its services to you. These organizations may carry out PITS Inc’s:
- Customer enquiries
- Mailing operations
- Billing and debt-recovery functions
- Information technology services
- Installation, maintenance and repair services
- Marketing and telemarketing services
- Market research
- Web site usage analysis
PITS Inc takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
PITS Inc’s web sites
PITS Inc provides products and services via its various websites. When you visit PITS Inc’s sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date, and URL of the request. This information assists PITS Inc to improve the structure of its websites and monitor its performance.
PITS Inc may use ‘cookies’ on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for PITS Inc’s web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of PITS Inc’s web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. PITS Inc extends the same privacy protection to your personal information whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
PITS Inc also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. PITS Inc collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.